Wednesday 11 July 2012

Page Two continued

Page two has been progressed.  The hexagons have been stitched together and then attached to the page.
Then it was onto experimenting with fabric pages.

I used some of the cotton that I used to make the hexagons, then appliqued a flower shape and added some extra stitching, which doesn't really show up in the photo.  You may notice, an extra layer of cotton on the bottom left.  This wasn't intentional, but I liked it and it has stayed.

The page has then been stitched onto the right hand page.  There are some more ideas spring from this page, but it will take some time to do.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I just love how you put the vintage pattern onto the fabric for your hexies. These two pages have come along very nicely. I am sure that more ideas will spring forth from this soon.

Maggi said...

This is just getting better and better.

Unknown said...

I have no words...will 'lovely' do?

Tudy said...

Love your progress.

stitchersanon said...

Amazing..really beautiful

Terry said...

It's so much fun to watch your progress with this! :0)

Rudee said...

A skill building workbook that's beautiful? I'd say that's priceless. I'm really enjoying the uniqueness of your work here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane
I'm relaly interested in your Embroiders Ledger. Is it like an art journal? Will you be putting different stitches/projects on each page? Is it for you?
I really like your hexies.
Lyn