Tuesday 14 February 2012

FMQ-Feather

This months design was a feather stitch, and it looked so easy in the instructions.  However, looks can be deceiving.
This is definitely a practise block, it looks like a child's scribble!  I was just beginning to get the hang of the movement when the phone rang, and it was like starting again from fresh.

It doesn't look as bad as I thought when you look at the back.  The initial shape, I can do, but I find the hard part is mirroring the shape coming back and keeping to the same distance from the stitching.  I think I shall have to keep practising, that's what challenges are all about!

8 comments:

Rudee said...

It's really pretty, Jane. I can see how mirroring would be difficult, but to my eye, it's just so beautiful. Nice work!

Maggi said...

A really good effort. mirroring is certainly difficult but practising is what is so good about this challenge. Must get mine started for this month!

Terry said...

That looks pretty good for a first try! I don't think I'd ever even attempt feathers so you're one up on me! :0)

Sue said...

Jane, you are doing a great job. Keep practising!

Tudy said...

Looks good to me for not doing it before. I have enough trouble machine quilting straight.

Annie said...

That is so cool! It looks impossible to me!

Linda said...

At least you have tried it! I haven't tried it yet. I've doodled on my paper and that's all I've done. I'm not sure I want to bother with feathers anyway but I guess it won't hurt to try....

Anonymous said...

I'm finding it hard to believe this is your first attempt at this design. It looks lovely.