Wednesday 4 January 2012

Fabric Book

I've not made a fabric book before, so I was so pleased that this went together so easily, I wouldn't mind making another one sometime.
 I picked out a spare fat quarter I had.  It was enough to do the inside, outside, and the tab
 I made a bar for the tab to go under, using the needle weaving techniques learnt last year in Karen's class.  Great to be able to use them in different situations.
 The pages were joined together, then I stitched down the centre to fix them in place
The end result, is a book that has been labelled "cool" by one of the boys!  That's what I call a result.
That's the end of the Stitched Sunday embroidery pages.  I still have the hearts, and the Skill Builder Sampler series to catch up with, plus a couple of other projects to start for the year.

10 comments:

stitchersanon said...

wow..he is right. cool xxx

Maggi said...

Definitely cool. Isn't it nice to be able to transfer skills from other areas too. Lovely needle weaving.

Terry said...

That came out great! And how nice to have all your little stitchery samples together like that! Well done! :0)

Annie said...

Super little project. Nice to see a machine that stitched through all those layers so well. That's a great way to keep your stitch sampler handy.

Tudy said...

That came out great. Good job.

Rudee said...

Way cool! And awesome.

Nicola said...

How nice to find another UK participant for TAST 2012.

I have enjoyed my visit to your blog and look foward to following your posts.

Wendy said...

Your book turned out so lovely! Great job on a first book...

Anonymous said...

This is simply lovely. You've done a great job...cool indeed!

Linda said...

What a wonderful little book. Great job, I think it's pretty cool too!