Sunday 16 May 2010

And Finally...

Light mornings and bird song tend to make my early mornings earlier, so I was up by five yesterday which gives me plenty of time to get things done.  After the general tidying up, the first item on the agenda was to get the bed cover finished.                                                                                                                       

It got a gentle rinse and  a gentle iron between two towels and was ready for the backing to be attached.  I've used a really fine calico, as it's 100% natural and the colour goes well with the bed cover.  I left an       opening along the piece at the foot of the bed to turn it through, and then hand stitched it closed.  By eight    o'clock it was all done.                                                                                                                             

It looks completely different now in it's made up form, it's size is now more readily apparent, especially when it when you see how it will eventually look on the bed.                                                                                  

I used a couple of the boys' games controllers to go underneath to get some idea of how it would look.  It is going to it's new home next week, so I will try and get a photo on a doll's house four poster bed.                 

Time now to go and catch up on some of the other projects that have been calling out to me over the last       three weeks.                                                                                                                                               

6 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful. I love the colours. How nice. I missed the bit about doll's house so wondered how big it was going to get or how big it was. Shame really: I would quite like one for my bed!

Annie said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats on sticking with it. Love the bottom border.

Terry said...

Congratulations on getting it finished! It looks wonderful and I'm sure it will look even better on the bed! :0)

Anonymous said...

Amazing. It's just so beautiful. You must be thrilled with it!

Rudee said...

It's so pretty and intricate. I love it!

Karan said...

A truly beautiful finish - all that hard work certainly paid off. :0) Now for catching up with the rest of your finishes... I had no idea it had been this long since my last visit. Sorry!