Wednesday 2 September 2009

Now the fun begins

I love trying something new and finding it works, so it was with great pleasure that I completed the top border with it all looking even when I got to the end. Oh, the simple pleasures! Once the border was done, I had to do two handles. These are not fastened in place, but at least it gives the idea of what they will look like.
After a little input from others, I am going to line the bag, so I will attach the handles at the same time.
I will be going through my fabric stash later this morning to see if I have anything here that I can use for lining. I also need to sort out fabric for the September ATC swap on Stitchin Fingers and to finish the Autumn swap on Exchange Heaven. I am hoping I can get these all complete before the next and last RR arrives.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Nice border on your bag! Well done! :0)

Annie said...

Very cool. That makes a really nice bag.

hokgardner said...

Great bag!

Rudee said...

That's a very clever border, Jane. I like it.

Knitting Linguist said...

I like the way that turned out! I can't wait to see what fabric you choose :)